The CABot THEATRE
The Cabot Theatre is a North Shore treasure, a legacy of the visionary showmanship and architectural passion of the Ware Brothers. The Theatre opened on December 8, 1920 as a dream palace for vaudeville and silent movies and it was hailed as “the most impressive auditorium of its size east of New York.” Known then as The Ware Theater, it shared a distinguished architectural pedigree, designed by the architects of Boston’s Athenaeum and Olympia Theater and Dorchester’s Strand Theater. For its first 40 years, it served as a center of community life for downtown Beverly.
THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY DANCE THEATER
The Boston University Dance Theater and Rehearsal Space is a 225-seat, state-of-the-art studio/theater space designed specifically for dance performances, classes, and special events. In addition to housing our educational and recreational dance activities, the space is available for concerts, master classes, and other events.
The Dance Theater is located on the Boston University campus at FitRec
The entrance to the theater is on Buick Street.